Job Applicant Privacy Notice (compliant with GDPR)
In accordance with European data protection laws, As part of any recruitment process, Create Entrance B.V. collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
1. What information do we collect?
Create Entrance B.V. collects a range of information about you. This includes:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history
- information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements
- whether or not you have a disability for which the company needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process
- information about your entitlement to work in the Netherlands
Create Entrance B.V. may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in application forms, CVs or resumes, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment.
We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other IT systems (including email).
2. Why does Create Entrance B.V. process personal data?
We need to process data to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. We may also need to process your data to enter into a contract with you.
In some cases, we need to process data to ensure that we are complying with its legal obligations. For example, it is mandatory to check a successful applicant's eligibility to work in the Netherlands before employment starts.
Create Entrance B.V. has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate's suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. We may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
Create Entrance B.V. We may collect information about whether or not applicants are disabled to make reasonable adjustments for candidates who have a disability.
We process such information to carry out its obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment.
If your application is unsuccessful, Create Entrance B.V. will keep your personal data on file for certain period in case there are future employment opportunities for which you may be suited.
3. Who has access to data?
Your information may be shared with members of Create Entrance B.V. and its relevant companies for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes members of the HR and recruitment team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
We may share your data with former employers to obtain references for you, employment background check providers to obtain necessary background checks.
4. How does Create Entrance B.V. protect data?
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by the members of Create Entrance B.V. and its relevant companies in the proper performance of their duties.
5. For how long does Create Entrance B.V. keep data?
Create Entrance B.V. may retain your personal data for a period of 5 years after the end of the job application procedure, unless otherwise required by applicable law or you.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your Human Resources file (electronic and paper based) and retained during your employment.
The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.
6. Your rights
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- require the company to change incorrect or incomplete data
- require the company to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- object to the processing of your data where Create Entrance B.V. is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Human Resource team at email@example.com.
7. What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to Create Entrance B.V. during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, we may not be able to process your application properly or at all.